Friday, April 20, 2018

Tyler Perry’s Acrimony

Plot:
Melinda (Taraji P. Henson) becomes enraged when it appears that her husband Robert (Lyriq Bent) has betrayed her. 


I was planning on doing my typical review where I list pros and cons and give my rating. But this is Tyler Perry we’re talking about here.  It’s not your typical movie. Plus it’s better going into this knowing as little as possible. 

I’ll start out by saying that everything you’ve probably heard about Acrimony was right. It’s complete shit but the kind that’s so bad it’s hysterical. Seriously, I haven’t had this much fun watching a movie in a long time. 

I’m not knocking Tyler Perry at all. He seems like a really nice guy and I respect him as a businessman. But he’s lost his fucking mind (a long time ago actually). Not that that’s a bad thing. Quite the opposite. I want him to keep making more movies like this. These “dramas” are funnier than his movies that are suppose to be comedies. 

Taraji P. Henson sure can play crazy well. Such an amazing actress. Way too good for a movie like this but I’m glad she was in it. 

Apparently the movie was shot in only 8 days. I believe it because it looks cheap and rushed. Although technically it’s more competently shot than most Tyler Perry movies I’ve seen. 

The last part of the movie is where things really go off the deep end. Something you have to see in order to believe it. It’s worth the price of admission alone. 

Get a bunch of friends together, have a few drinks, and watch this movie. You’ll have a good time I promise. 

My Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment