Friday, April 6, 2018

A Quiet Place

Plot:
A family is forced to live their life in silence as they hide from creatures that hunt by sound. 

Pros:
•WOW!!! When I first saw the trailer for this movie a while back I expected it to be good. But I had no idea it would be THIS good. This was easily one of the best movies I’ve seen so far this year. Bravo to John Krasinski (who  not only acted in but directed as well, along side his real life wife Emily Blunt) and all involved for creating something unique, terrifying and surprisingly heartfelt. 
•The acting was superb. Almost the entire movie has no spoken dialogue, communicating instead with sign language and facial expressions. It’s not easy to pull all that off but they did. 
•Beautiful locations. Parts of this movie were filmed not too far from where I live so that’s always cool to see. 
•To me the best horror movies are ones like this where they don’t rely on lots of gore (there’s some blood but nothing that I would consider too graphic). 
•If this movie is any indication, John Krasinski has a great career ahead of him as a director. I can’t wait to see what he does next. 
•I walked out of theater in awe at what I just watched. Rarely does a movie do that. Pretty safe to say that A Quiet Place will most likely end up on my top ten list at the end of the year. 

Cons:
•Honestly I can think of any aside from maybe one or two nitpicks that are so minor they’re not even worth mention nor does it affect my rating. Everyone please go out and support this movie. You won’t regret it. 

My Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment