Sunday, November 18, 2018

Colette

Plot:
Colette (Kiera Knightly) is pressured by her husband (Dominic West) to write novels under his name. Once successful, she fights for creative ownership and pushes gender roles. 

Pros:
•Kiera Knightly gives such an amazing, captivating performance. She has a decent shot at winning an Oscar. At the very least, I think she’ll be nominated. 
•Dominic West did a good job and he certainly had chemistry with Kiera Knightly. Even though you’ve seen him do this type of role before he does it so well that I didn’t mind. 
•This is such a gorgeous movie! Everything from the cinematography to the costumes as well as the music. Kudos to director Wash Westmoreland (whose precious movies include Still Alice). 
•A very interesting true story that until recently I had never heard of. 
•If you’re a fan of period pieces I definitely think you’ll enjoy this. 

Cons:
•The movie felt very rushed in spots, mainly the first two acts. I wish they had taken a bit more time with it. 

My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment