Friday, November 16, 2018

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Plot:
Second installment in the Fantastic Beasts series. 

Pros:
•Overall I enjoyed this movie probably better than the first one. I liked the darker tone of it. 
•I was worried that Johnny Depp would do his usual stick but I must say I thought he did an amazing job as Grindelwald. Grindelwald is a truly evil person but at the same time can be very charming and persuasive. You can see why people fall for what he’s saying. I wish the whole movie had just focused on him and Dumbledore. 
•Jude Law, while not in this a whole lot, I totally bought as a younger Dumbledore. I’m looking forward to seeing more of him in the sequels. 
•The creatures in here are still as interesting and adorable as ever. 
•If you’re a big fan of this universe like I am, I think you’ll enjoy this movie. 

Cons:
•Way too many subplots, many of which go nowhere. 
•Not a big fan of Ezra Miller’s character. 
•The ending had me literally saying out loud, “Wait... What the fuck?!?!” I know they’ll probably explain everything in the next one but still. I’m confused. 

My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment