Friday, November 16, 2018

Widows

Plot:
Three widows (Viola Davis, Michelle Rodriguez, and Elizabeth Debicki) take fate into their own hands after being stuck with a debt left behind from their late husbands criminal activities. 

Pros:
•Great direction by Steve McQueen. I’ve always been a fan of his. Had it been a lesser director I don’t think it would’ve worked as well. 
•Same goes for the three lead actresses. I thought they worked well together. 
•If you go into this expecting a heist film with tons of action you’re going to be disappointed. Don’t get me wrong, those things are there but overall it’s a slow paced story. I’m totally fine with that. 
•It’s always cool to see a female empowerment story. We certainly could used more of them. 


Cons:
•The script overall is pretty weak. And the story gets down right dumb at times.  
•The twist wasn’t all that great either. 
•As much as I like Daniel Kaluuya he’s really not given much to do other than be your average evil henchmen. 

My Rating: 7.5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment