Friday, November 23, 2018

Creed 2

Plot:
Under the tutelage of Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone), Adonis Creed (Michael B. Jordan) faces off against Viktor Drago (Florian Munteanu)- the son of the man who killed his father. 

Pros:
•Been looking forward to this movie for awhile now. I’ve always been a huge fan of the Rocky series and when the first Creed came out three years ago it was a really nice surprise. In fact it was my number one movie that year. Anyway, I’m happy to report that Creed 2 is really good and a worthy sequel. 
•Once again Michael B. Jordan gives a strong performance. He and Sylvester Stallone work so well together. 
•Director Steven Caple Jr. does a good job in keeping with the look and feel that Ryan Coogler set up. 
•The story takes you on such an emotional rollercoaster. What I’ve always loved about this series is that above all it’s a drama that just happens to include boxing. 
•Amazing, well choreographed fight scenes that keep you on the edge of your seat. You feel every single punch. I found myself cringing in my seat. 
•If you’re a fan of this series then you’re going to love this movie I think. 

Cons:
•Just two VERY minor complaints. The first being that the story felt a bit rushed in spots. 
•I know this is Creed’s story but I would’ve liked to have seen them do a little more with the Drago’s. I found that subplot interesting and full of potential. 

My Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment