Friday, November 2, 2018

Halloween (2018)

Plot:
Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) confronts Michael Meyers after narrowly escaping his killing spree 40 years earlier. 

Pros:
•I’ve only seen two movies in the Halloween franchise- the original (but it’s been years since I watched it), and H2O which I don’t remember but from what I hear that’s probably for the best. When I heard they were making this I rolled my eyes but decided to give it a chance after the positive reviews. I’m so glad I did. Halloween 2018 is a very worthy sequel to the classic original. 
•I love how they’ve chosen to ignore all the other sequels and remakes. This is a direct sequel to the 1978 movie. 
•Director David Gordon Green does a great job making a genuinely scary movie that doesn’t rely heavily on blood and gore. Make no mistake, those moments are definitely there, but he never lingers on those shots for very long. I will definitely be adding this my list of movies I watch every Halloween. 
•Jamie Lee Curtis is absolutely amazing here. She really nails down just how devastating PTSD can be and how it effects someone even years later. You really feel for her character. 
•It’s always great to hear the Halloween theme again. 
•There’s a child actor in this whose name I don’t know and while his role is very small he’s quite the scene stealer. So hilarious! Those who’ve seen the movie know who I’m talking about. 

Cons:
•The ending felt a little too abrupt. 

My Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment