Sunday, November 25, 2018

The Old Man & The Gun

Plot:
Based on the true story of Forrest Tucker (Robert Redford) and his escape from San Quentin at the age of 70 and a series of bank robberies that left the police confounded. 

Pros:
•Robert Redford gives another brilliant performance. Very charming. Had it been a lesser actor I doubt it would’ve worked. 
•I thought he and Sissy Spacek had great chemistry. I really enjoyed seeing their relationship develop. 
•Fascinating story that I hadn’t heard about until I learned they were making this movie. 
•Most of the movie takes place in I believe the 80’s and the director films it in a way that fits the time period.
•This is the type of movie that would be perfect to take your Mom or Grandmother to. 

Cons:
•Moves at a very slow pace. While it didn’t bother me so much I know some people will be annoyed by it. 
•A few minor technical issues in terms of editing. 
•Very predictable. 
•The score. Very generic and the best way to describe it is elevator music. At times it would drown out the dialog. 
•While I thought Casey Affleck’s performance was fine, throughout most of this movie he kept mumbling his lines. I couldn’t understand what he was saying half the time. 

My Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment